Nsm Prestige 120 no found records

Plaats reactie
ukko

Nsm Prestige 120 no found records

Bericht door ukko »

Hello friends!

First topic here...needs helps, I have Prestige 120 and it don't play b-sides records in number of 6, except B6 D6 these works very well.
I have checking many things but now i don't understand what can i do. Can it be memory unit?

Roy01

Re: Nsm Prestige 120 no found records

Bericht door Roy01 »

Hi,

First things first, what kind of Prestige 120 do you have? See indentification plate on the back of the machine. NSM made several different jukeboxes under the name Prestige so I need the type letter.

For example:

Model Prestige 120 C st

It's then a model prestige with 120 selections type C and it's a stereo model

If there is no letter behind 120, it then is the first production run what means it is a model A

Best regards

Roy

ukko

Bericht door ukko »

hello Roy
yes it is 120A , thanks for the quick response!

ukko

Bericht door ukko »

Roy, do you have ever open memory unit?

Roy01

Bericht door Roy01 »

Hi,

How do you mean have I ever open the memory unit?

And what memory unit? If you mean the torroid unit in the record base I can only say that this unit NEVER breaks, and I don't recommend to open these units ever.

If you have selection problems your biggest concern is the central unit on the left upper corner. Most likely one broken component on LP III, my advice is to replace ALL capacitors on all PCB's and to check all resistors and diodes. Especially the both zenerdiodes.

Sometimes I read stuff like broken relays. If all plastic caps are on it and the unit looks original and no one ever got in there who tried to repair this juke but didn't had a clue what he was doing these relays also never breaks or the wire on the base breaks by the movement of these relay's over the years but that is all fixable

If it's only 1 letter or number that isn't working then it's always a loose wire on the keyboard or bad connection on one of the plugs connected to the central box. But you would be the first with a broken torroid memory unit those things only got broken when someone else had opened these and broke one of the many tiny wires in there. It's fixable but a pain in the ass to do. So let's hope no handy man ever worked on this jukebox, then i'm sure it's just a small issue

It are very well build jukeboxes (the carriage is a exception to some, but it does the job for over 50 years so I can't say it's bad)

Good luck.

Roy

ukko

Bericht door ukko »

ok ,it's nice to here that memory unit ok but as i said there in number t"six has problem,a-side works perfectly and b-side B6 D6 works also perfectly
but F6 H6.......to U6 don't work( all b side selection) . I would understanding if the full b side is "kaput" but i don't understand, two letter works.
I hope you can "read" me ,because i must use google trans...

Roy01

Bericht door Roy01 »

I understand what you're saying so don't worry.

This problem only hapens in the 6 serie? Or do F4- to U4 and F3 to U3 also not work? If that so is the problem probably is a broken wire between the F and H button so every button on tje keyboard behind the F in the B side cycle isn't making any connection anymore. OR! if this only happens in de 6 serie you probably have a problem in the selection matrix and then you need to know how to read the manual to find the resistor in that line
But like i said check all components om LP III in and connectors on the controlunit (centrale) most likely the problem is in this unit

Good luck

Best regards,

Roy

ukko

Bericht door ukko »

only in number 6

ukko

Bericht door ukko »

where are those resistor in physically

Roy01

Bericht door Roy01 »

As said: Centrale / Zentrale upper right corner Lp III. This is the mechanical brain of this jukebox.

And that's all the information I share on this forum of this unit to protect some people who make their living with these kind of repairs. With a manual and multimeter you should be able to track the problem

But to be honest, it is starting to seem you're the first person I talk to, to have the first broken torroid bank in the 22 years I repair NSM. So you're absolutely sure no handy man ever opened that unit? Because then most likely the line after D is broken after the 6th position, A and B side line are separated in this bank but these wires are as thick as a hair. If that's the case you're better off with a new torroid bank. It's not the same system as Seeburg. so lot of mechanics that are used to the amerikan jukeboxes make a huge mistake when they try to repair this unit what is normally never broken.

Best regards,

Roy

ukko

Bericht door ukko »

I don't see any signs that the unit has been opened, thank you for the good information and effort.
I have to live with this bug, not such a bad thing :) .

Once more ,thank you very much and have a nice day!

r. Ukko

ukko

Bericht door ukko »

Hello Roy again! once more ,sorry :)

Just remembered, there was some kind battery charging for torroid, do you remember how it was done

Roy01

Bericht door Roy01 »

Battery test is possible on Seeburg jukeboxes, NSM is a completely different system. So if You find someone that knows how to test this NSM system with a battery I would also like to know. There is no reference in the manual and I tried several different ways with no luck

ukko

Bericht door ukko »

It may be just what I remember, but i thing there was some talk
also on nsm device, i will try to find out and post a message if i get information.

Thanks Roy ,"see" you later

Plaats reactie